Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Musiolarant

     This is more info from Glenn Beck, another quote, and this time it is from the president.  So, leave now if you are not interested!  Below is a blog posting Mr. Beck refers to; the quote I will refer to is below it.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0308/Stop_these_abortions_.html

 "Look, I got two daughters — 9 years old and 6 years old," he said. "I am going to teach them first about values and morals, but if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby. I don't want them punished with an STD at age 16, so it doesn't make sense to not give them information."

     A baby is a punishment????  Since when??!!!   Since NEVER.  To have an "unwanted " baby might FEEL like a punishment, and it certainly might be viewed as a big problem, an inconvenience, etc.--but a baby is never a punishment.  A baby is a sweet, innocent life. It does not punish, and the giver of life--God, if you like--does not punish with babies.  They are a natural consequence of the behaviors that create them.........duh!!!  Killing them is not a good solution........ (yes, I am anti-abortion)......and there are many childless couples who would love them deeply, hence adoption.
     I have a son who might not be able to father children due to illness.  There are more like him.  Someday he would LOVE to have one of these "punishments"!!
     I am so happy that Obama and his wife are teaching their girls morals and values...that sounds wonderful....but what is being taught?
     An STD is not a punishment, either.  Some people who get sick, for example a faithful spouse, are innocent victims.  An STD is a natural consequence, one which is usually connected with immoral behavior.  So it might feel like a punishment (I think many of us still have an active conscience).  I do not believe that God punishes people with STDs.  We are children of a loving God who wants us to turn to Him for guidance.  He wants to help us.  Having an STD could actually become a blessing if we seek God and become a better person in the process.
     Gee....I sure hope the day does not come that sick, elderly people are viewed as inconveniences or punishments that should be done away with by their children, or worse--society.
     What was our president thinking when he said this?  The mystery continues............
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
In addition to being a violist, I am a wife and mother (three sons). I dabble in writing, handwork, sewing and photography.