Saturday, February 20, 2010

Perks of Aging

     Aging has its benefits!  I decided to list some of the better things that I have observed..........

1.     I am more able to focus on the big picture rather than details.  I LOVE this....and it has been so unexpected! 

2.     I am starting to "get it".....to have a better and broader understanding of life.  VERY cool.

3.     I worry less about what people think...... but I think I always will to some extent.  I am too self-conscious!

4.     I am wiser.

5.     I am more patient (still working on this, though!).

6.     I notice the small and simple more often and find enjoyment therein.  I think this is due in part to a slower pace.  For example, I really enjoy birds.  I love to hear them sing in early spring, especially the finches and our neighborhood catbird (heavens--I sound like my mother!!!!).  I love trees and their variety.

7.     Strong emotions affect my health....so I "cool it" more!!  Control and calm are good...........  the tempermental fits of a frustrated musician are just not worth it!!!!

8.     I am less concerned with stuff and what is popular.  Fashion---not on this bod.  Political correctness--never did get that, and especially now.  Who cooked up all of that nonsense??!!  Lots of color on my walls and "mod" flowers......I have already lived through the 60s and 70s and I ask myself why anyone would ever want to do that again!!!!   Enough already!

9.     I am old enough that the styles of my childhood years are retro "in".  Guess style does have its perks.

10.   I am beginning to experience the "fruits of my labors" and sometimes they are wonderful.  Doing what is right pays well.

     Hopefully I will have something more interesting to blog about soon.........Bye







 




!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
In addition to being a violist, I am a wife and mother (three sons). I dabble in writing, handwork, sewing and photography.