Thursday, August 12, 2010

Heart Brooches

These are some hearts I have been creating for brooches. They are backed with white felted wool. Some of the embroidery follows patterns on the fabrics. Each will have another layer of wool attached to the back and then pins. Each heart will be outlined in blanket stitch....at least, that is the plan so far!
The strips used are 1" wide; seams are quarter inch. I make a "swatch" of pieced fabric, back it with a two-sided iron-on adhesive, cut hearts out (I cut the center of my pattern out so I can see how to place it), fuse them to small wool pieces, and trim to size of each cotton heart. Embroidery is next. Each heart is about 2x2 inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
In addition to being a violist, I am a wife and mother (three sons). I dabble in writing, handwork, sewing and photography.