Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dashees Garden Tuesday 2

     I have decided to work on small pillows for a while.  Posted below is a picture of the latest one I have made.  The heart is cut from a vintage doily; it lines a heart hole cut in the velvet front.  The back has a pocket made from a vintage pillow case; I love the trim!
     The velvet is an upholstery fabric which does not ravel, making it fun to work with.  And it feels good.
     The trim around the heart is vintage tatting cut from a doily;  heart is also embellished with pearls.  Very feminine!   Nice contrast for a home full of males.....even the dog.  Guess this is my escape!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
In addition to being a violist, I am a wife and mother (three sons). I dabble in writing, handwork, sewing and photography.