Friday, April 1, 2011

Weekly Music Nugget 10/ Silliness

     While moving books recently I saw one of my favorite songbooks for children.  The name is Rhinoceros Tap.  Sandra Boynton co-wrote the songs with Michael Ford; Sandra did all of the lyrics and pictures.  It was published in 1996 and at that time was accompanied by a cassette tape recording of all the songs.
     When I was a graduate student in the early 80's I discovered Sandra Boynton's greeting cards.  I loved them!  They are very funny and charming.  If you are not familiar with her work, go to her website sandraboynton.com.
     When I found her book of songs I had to have it.  I was not disappointed!  Inside is a multitude of her humorous drawings and some cute songs.  Some of the latter are VERY silly.....such as The Crabby Song (sung by crabby pirates), O, Lonely Peas, and Tickle Time (my favorite).
     She has written more songbooks, the latest being Blue Moo in 2008.  Samples of all songs can be heard at her website.  Click on Nifty Music, found in the green column on the left.
     If I had it to do over again I would buy Dog Train.  This one has some very funny stuff, such as Thus Quacked Zarathustra and Cow Planet.  I highly recommend these if you are tired and slap happy..........ha ha ha!!!
     If you are a Sandra Boynton fan, check out these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
In addition to being a violist, I am a wife and mother (three sons). I dabble in writing, handwork, sewing and photography.