Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Dashees Garden 19/ Patch Play Roses

    Over the weekend I did some playing with an idea I recently saw in a book.  Pics are below.  I do not know what these are called yet; I just remembered the picture and tried to make something similar.  There is probably an organized method.
     I started with a small, square cotton rose cutout and added strips around it in rough hexagonal patterns. I did not measure anything....just guessed at sizes and placement (kind of like crazy quilting). The strips were between 3/4" and 1.5". Originally I liked the off-kilter shapes I ended up with, but then I decided to use a quilting tool and trim a few to perfect hexagonals.  My left brain likes those better.
     I do not know yet what I will do with these, if anything....but it is a fun way to use up scraps!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
In addition to being a violist, I am a wife and mother (three sons). I dabble in writing, handwork, sewing and photography.