Over the weekend I did some playing with an idea I recently saw in a book. Pics are below. I do not know what these are called yet; I just remembered the picture and tried to make something similar. There is probably an organized method.
I started with a small, square cotton rose cutout and added strips around it in rough hexagonal patterns. I did not measure anything....just guessed at sizes and placement (kind of like crazy quilting). The strips were between 3/4" and 1.5". Originally I liked the off-kilter shapes I ended up with, but then I decided to use a quilting tool and trim a few to perfect hexagonals. My left brain likes those better.
I do not know yet what I will do with these, if anything....but it is a fun way to use up scraps!
- ► 2016 (31)
- ► 2014 (15)
- ► 2013 (58)
- ► 2012 (92)
- ▼ July (5)
- ► 2010 (50)