Monday, July 4, 2011

Escaping the Heat

     A few weeks ago my husband and I escaped north for a much needed break.  The temps here were in the mid-nineties, but north it was 10 degrees cooler.  After our first stop we drove east to a park on the Lake Michigan coast.  By then it was afternoon and I expected to roast, but I watched the van thermometer drop as we approached the lake.....lower and lower it fell.....to a lovely 65!  It was beautiful.  I have posted a few pics below.
     As we drove away I watched the thermometer rise. By the time we reached downtown Milwaukee it read 102. What an escape we had!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
In addition to being a violist, I am a wife and mother (three sons). I dabble in writing, handwork, sewing and photography.