2. While on our bison stalk we got close enough to hear the herd. Many were napping. It was fascinating to stand and just listen. The sounds were not pleasant; they were a mixture of low groans and ...frankly....farts!!
3. The sound of wind blowing through pine trees on a mountain. I adore this sound. Heard it first at Mt. Rushmore...oh, to just stand alone up high and listen!
4. The sound of walking through tall grass on our bison stalk.
7. Fearful, happy, and excited sounds during our whitewater rafting trip on Snake River. We had a great group! Our guide was a bit on the wild side.....and I remember his Louisiana accent!
8. The clanking of dishes during our meal at the Game Lodge in Custer State Park. Noisy, but pleasant because it reminded me of eating dinner at the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, MI. Yum-yum to the meals in both places!
9. Bug Rain. At night, while driving home through South Dakota, rain threatened. Soon we heard what sounded like big, fat raindrops hitting the windshield. Alas, it was not rain....just lots of bugs. And more bugs. It was as if we were driving through a huge cloud of them. What a mess!!!!
On that "lovely" note I think I will quit!!!