Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Birthday Trip

     Early this month my family spent a few days on Mackinac Island, Michigan.  It was a birthday treat for me.  Every few years we try to visit the island and this was it!
     Travel on the island is by foot, bike or horse because there are no motorized vehicles.  Activities might be biking, horseback riding, visiting the fort, shopping and checking out the fudge shops, taking a wagon tour, hiking, or hanging out at your hotel/bed and breakfast.
     We were fortunate this time to be able to spend some time at the Grand Hotel.  It was beautiful!  I have posted a few photos of the hotel below.  Loading pics is very slow tonight so I will not take time to rearrange them like I should.  The first two pictures are from the porch, the next two are inside the hotel and the last one is the hotel from the outside.
     












No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
In addition to being a violist, I am a wife and mother (three sons). I dabble in writing, handwork, sewing and photography.