Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dashees Garden Tuesday 24

     Today I have posted some photos of wool hearts I am embellishing with applique and embroidery.  Only the fronts are finished on two of them.  Black wool will back them.
      I have been using freezer paper patterns to cut the hearts.  If I plan to fuse the hearts I draw a pattern on fusible web; otherwise I like the paper. I get a more accurate cut than with pinning or folding the wool in half and just cutting a heart shape.  Sometimes I also use freezer paper for leaves and flowers. 
     I really enjoy these!  Because the hearts are small ( about 4" x 4") I can bag a work in progress and put it in my purse.  I recently worked on two of these while traveling.  Fun!



    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
In addition to being a violist, I am a wife and mother (three sons). I dabble in writing, handwork, sewing and photography.