Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday Musings 1

     Sometimes for one reason or another I get caught up in hurt feelings or other personal issues and I hear my husband kindly say "This is not about you."  I have learned to listen and think "Oh yeah...went where I shouldn't again....." and I try to put things in proper perspective or put my issues on the back burner, so to speak.
     My back burner is piled high.  It is so high that I can not ignore it any more.  Personal issues have been coming to a head and I feel a need to more fully understand  and resolve them.  For this I need spiritual guidance and I have had some enlightening experiences, one of which I will share.
     Before and during church meetings today I had the thought "It's all about you" pop into my head.  I thought "WHAT?!!  It is supposed to be about others; that is part of my problem!" But I pondered what felt like a whispering of the Spirit.
     This is what I think it means. In society it's not always about us, but with God it is all about us.  He loves us more than we can comprehend with love that is very deep and personal.  He is our Heavenly Father.  With Him it's always about each one of us. He wants us to learn about Him, take our problems to Him, and try to become more like Him by doing what is right...obeying His commandments.  Be faithful.  Reach for Him through obedience, study and prayer and He will reach for us.  He wants to bless us. He wants us to be happy and  return home to Him someday.
     This is a huge concept.  It involves believing and trusting  God.  It is seeking, receiving and acting on inspiration from the Holy Ghost.
     I do not have my mind and heart completely around this yet, but so far I feel this concept..."it's all about me"...is very beautiful and powerful.  It is closely tied to our desire to accept the Lord's will in our lives and finding peace.  It helps us accept and love ourselves and others.  It serves as motivation to open the door to Christ, the great healer.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
In addition to being a violist, I am a wife and mother (three sons). I dabble in writing, handwork, sewing and photography.