Monday, October 17, 2011

Dashees Garden Tuesday 29

     I am posting a day early because I will not have much time tomorrow.
     I  have been putting some hoop art projects together.  This refers to needlework projects left in their hoops which become frames.  Or something similar..
     The photos below are 1) a vintage doily tacked to black flannel wool and embellished with some small black French knots and beads, 2) I embellished a black wool heart with a piece of lace and embroidery and then sewed it to a piece of felted wool sweater.  Soft and cozy wall art...  Original size of each hoop was 5" diameter.
     Many variations of hoop art can be viewed on the Etsy website (just google Etsy).  It is fun!




  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
In addition to being a violist, I am a wife and mother (three sons). I dabble in writing, handwork, sewing and photography.