Monday, October 10, 2011

Evening Play

     Last week my family drove up to Port Washington to enjoy Indian summer by Lake Michigan.  We hiked, ate smoked fish and wandered out to the end of the pier in the photo below.  The air was warm and still...not very exciting to me...but I enjoyed a new surprise.  It was early evening and fish were jumping --even leaping out of the water.  Lots of them!  It was something I have never seen before.  Most of the fish were big (maybe over a foot long).  What kind...?  Salmon?  Lots of ducks, too...a few are in the photo.
     I tried to get a picture of the fish jumping but that was almost impossible, so you get the pier and some of the fish that were swimming next to it....


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
In addition to being a violist, I am a wife and mother (three sons). I dabble in writing, handwork, sewing and photography.