Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sunday Musings 4

     When I was young I always spent part of my vacation at a lake cottage (see lake posts).  One of my favorite activities was sitting on the end of the dock, reading a book,  and dangling my feet in the water.  Sometimes I just liked to sit and think.
     Sunsets from the dock were very beautiful.  The cottage faced slightly southwest, and as the sun descended there was a certain point at which the sun created a sparkling ray of light across the lake.  At some point it lined up with the dock.  At least, it lines up in my imagination.  I envision the light stretching to meet the dock, or vice verse.
     I remembered all of this early today and later had new insights while listening to General Conference talks  (see lds.org).  Walking out onto the dock is somewhat like believing that God is real and trusting him. At some point we reach the end of the dock.  Then we continue on, following the path of Light.  We walk it spiritually.  We do so by striving to keep ourselves worthy, by living the Gospel of Christ.  In this way the following scripture (one of my favorites) is fulfilled, "Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me...."  D&C 88:63.
     There is much more about this to  ponder, but I wanted to share this.
     

     


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
In addition to being a violist, I am a wife and mother (three sons). I dabble in writing, handwork, sewing and photography.