Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Waterfalls

     During our summer trip to Yellowstone we saw some beautiful waterfalls.  A few photographs are posted below, with names underneath as best I can recall.  We were greeted at Fairy Falls by a bull elk in the distance.  I included a picture of him.
     We hiked to Fairy Falls and were alone when we arrived.  I walked up to the falls first, stopped, and surveyed the hillside to my right in hopes of getting a photo of Mr. Elk.  When I spotted him he was looking straight at me.  It was a fantastic moment....beautiful and scary!

Gibbon Falls?



Lower Falls

Lower Falls area (canyon)

Waterfall at Falls Campground, WY (I think...somewhere in that area, off US 26)

Upper Falls

Fairy Falls
Fairy Falls




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
In addition to being a violist, I am a wife and mother (three sons). I dabble in writing, handwork, sewing and photography.