Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Dashees Garden Tuesday 31

     I have just about finished my gray and white hoop art piece.  Oh, this was enjoyable to make!  I am still working on the back.  To finish that I trimmed the wool to a little over an inch and glued it to the inside of the frame.  I then inserted a firm cardboard circle that snugly fit into the back.  I am not happy with it so I will be making a new one.  I might cover it with cotton...and then, maybe not...
     Here it is...click on it to enlarge.  The center of the vintage crocheted flower is filled with gray embroidery floss French knots, like on the leaf.  Tiny white beads were sewn into the ring around it.  This will be going into my Etsy shop this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
In addition to being a violist, I am a wife and mother (three sons). I dabble in writing, handwork, sewing and photography.