Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Dashees Garden Tuesday 39

     Last week I made another bag.  This one was easier because both fabrics were felted wool.
     The process was similar to my first bag.  The outside was cut from a felted wool sweater.  The wool lining pieces were fused on.  Binding and handle were added, as well as a velcro fastener.
     Because of the bulk and to be accurate, I attached the binding, velcro, and handle by hand.  Finished size is about 12" by 12".
     The sweater was small and only had a design on the front, so the back of the bag is plain gray wool from the sweater.
     I love this bag.....such a nice weight and stiffness!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
In addition to being a violist, I am a wife and mother (three sons). I dabble in writing, handwork, sewing and photography.