Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Don't Delay

     This morning I went for a walk without my camera. I thought, why bother?  It's ugly outside-nothing but mist, mud and dead trees.  The snow is melting.  Depressing.
     On my way home something caught my eye.  It was a group of dried oak leaves that had hung to their tree all winter.  Their copper color was striking against the melting snow, gray mist and black trees.  I thought, oops...should have brought my camera.
     I wondered if it would be worth it to come back after my walk.  Maybe, but on the other hand, the moment might be lost.  I tried anyway, and sure enough, the beauty of the scene had faded.  Most of the fog had lifted by the time I got there, but I took a photo anyway (see below).
     If only I had been prepared.  How often do we get in our own way by having negative thoughts, poor judgments, lack of faith, and so forth ?!  If only I had tried to be hopeful and had an open mind!  Message to me is to have faith, even when things look bleak.  One never knows what is around the bend.
                                         
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
In addition to being a violist, I am a wife and mother (three sons). I dabble in writing, handwork, sewing and photography.