Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Dashees Garden Tuesday 49

     I love the linens used in these two pieces of hoop art.  I played around with the inside hoop until I found positions I liked; then I attached the hoop snugly.  The fabric outside the hoop was trimmed to about 1/2" and glued to the inside of the hoop.  I used Arlene's Clear Gel Tacky Glue; it dries quickly and leaves no visible residue.  It's not too messy.  It can be purchased in sample size if you want to try it!
     The hoop in the first photo is about 3 1/4" wide; the bottom one is about 4 1/4" wide (diameter).
     I thought about embroidering a one word message on the smaller one but I like it plain.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
In addition to being a violist, I am a wife and mother (three sons). I dabble in writing, handwork, sewing and photography.