Friday, June 29, 2012

Weekly Music Nugget 53

     Guess it's been a while since I have written one of these posts!! 
     Today I am sharing a link for newbees to classical music.  While browsing  the Naxos.com site I found a section on education which has everything from how to listen to a live classical concert to a brief history of classical music.  There is a section on instruments of the orchestra which even includes how to pronounce a few of their names (the ones that usually are a mystery to the novice...such as viola!!). 
     I think the education section is also a nice place for musicians to quickly review basics.  Sometimes we need that!
http://www.naxos.com/education/introduction.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
In addition to being a violist, I am a wife and mother (three sons). I dabble in writing, handwork, sewing and photography.