Monday, December 31, 2012

The Lighthouse

     Yesterday at church I heard a poem about a lighthouse.  It reminded me of one of my favorite books by Rosemary Wells, The Island Light.  I adore this little children's story.  As I reflected on the book I was reminded of how much I love the spiritual symbolism of lighthouses.  Although I don't yet have the reference for the poem I heard, I found a wonderful poem by Henry Wadswoth Longfellow.  See the link below.  It's long, but worth it even if you only read the first few verses.
http://www.poetryloverspage.com/poets/longfellow/seaside_and_fireside_lighthouse.html

Port Washington


Port Washington


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
In addition to being a violist, I am a wife and mother (three sons). I dabble in writing, handwork, sewing and photography.