Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sunday Musing 22

     One of my sons did some research for a class on the topic of mindfulness.  He shared some of what he learned with us and I found it interesting.  Mindfulness has been on my mind...
     Today I had the impression that I need to be mindful of what I am thinking about, especially noting when I have  anxious/worry thoughts.  I should write down what they are and when I have them, and do it for no other reason than to discover how often they occur.  Kind of like the exercise of recording what and when you eat before starting a new diet.
     Once I get a better picture of what is going on in my head it will be appropriate to analyze what I discover and find patterns, if any.  My guess is that I have these thoughts much more than I realize and mindfulness techniques will help me focus on more positive thoughts.  But who knows...maybe it's not as bad as I think!  Guess I'll have to do this and find out...
     Meanwhile, here is a link to some basic information about mindfulness-
http://stress.about.com/od/tensiontamers/a/exercises.htm 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
In addition to being a violist, I am a wife and mother (three sons). I dabble in writing, handwork, sewing and photography.