Monday, July 29, 2013

Mr. Downy

     It's a lovely, cool morning.  I'm sitting at my desk, listening to a soft, quick tapping  sound outside the window to my left.  I  peeked out earlier and saw the source of the noise--a downy woodpecker in plain view.  I've seen this species before, but this bird is close enough to hear.  Today his pecking is very soft.  He is very cute.
     I can't get a good photo so I'm posting a link below for info about this bird.  You can listen to it if you click on "Sound", but it's a different sound than what I'm hearing today.  I'm sure he's a downy woodpecker; I've heard the downy's songs and chirps a lot.  I guess he is just lightly pecking today!

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/downy_woodpecker/id

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
In addition to being a violist, I am a wife and mother (three sons). I dabble in writing, handwork, sewing and photography.