Sunday, July 21, 2013

Mt Rushmore revisited

    I have been thinking back on my family trips last year.  About one year ago we drove out west  to attend the college graduation of my oldest son and his wife at BYU-ID and to drop our youngest son off at the MTC in Provo, UT to prepare for his mission in Russia.  We also visited Mt. Rushmore, Custer State Park, and Yellowstone National Park.
     I have been going through photos and organizing some of them (finally).  I found some pics of Mt. Rushmore that I really like and thought I would post a few.  I loved Mt. Rushmore...so beautiful...more beautiful than any photos of it I have seen throughout my life.  I still marvel at how much I liked it, including the feeling there.  It was almost sacred ground.  Here goes--

Four above, four beneath (hubby,son,friend,son))

This is a gorgeous exposed quartz vein in the granite of the area.

George Washington

Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
In addition to being a violist, I am a wife and mother (three sons). I dabble in writing, handwork, sewing and photography.