Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sunday Musing 29/ Gift in the sky

     Today has been a difficult day.  At church something triggered some depressing thoughts and I've been battling them all day.  I had a choir rehearsal late this afternoon, and on the way there I reminisced about the beautiful big, open sky I saw on our trips west the past few years.  I loved that sky!  I was feeling melancholy (even though a little voice in the back of my head said I wouldn't like South Dakota right now...barren, bleak and cold.....).
     I soon began directing the church choir and forgot all about the sky.  When I left I looked to the west and saw a spectacular sunset.  It was gorgeous--washes of hot pink, orange, lavender and gray.  While I watched the colors peaked.  I then remembered what I had been thinking about before the rehearsal.  Ha, ha, I thought...all is not lost!  I'll gratefully take this gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
In addition to being a violist, I am a wife and mother (three sons). I dabble in writing, handwork, sewing and photography.