Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Pride

    It seems I am slowing coming to an understanding of what pride is.  I'm not referring to the good feeling that accompanies worthy, hard won accomplishments, such as the pride of a parent for a child who has worked hard to achieve something good and then gets it.  I'm talking about the kind of pride that is full of  "I'm right" and You're wrong", the pride that lifts us up above other people.  It can be very subtle. 
     For lack of time, I'm not going into more detail.  I'm posting a link a good Meridian Magazine article instead.  It explains pride in the context of the Mormon excommunication which has been in the news.
http://ldsmag.com/article/1/14554

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
In addition to being a violist, I am a wife and mother (three sons). I dabble in writing, handwork, sewing and photography.