Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Thought for the Day

     
     

     
     During my daily scripture study I was referred to a 2012 LDS First Presidency Message by Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf  entitled Always in the Middle.  I was impressed with the following line from it: "Whether we are at the beginning or the end, whether we are young or old, the Lord can use us for His purposes if we simply set aside whatever thoughts limit our ability to serve and allow His will to shape our lives."
     I was reminded that what we think often affects our ability to spiritually connect to God, live his commandments, and seek his will for our lives. Our thoughts can be an expression of faith in God, and he feeds us in return.  Jacob 3:2 from the Book of Mormon states "O all ye that are pure in heart, lift up your heads and receive the pleasing word of God, and feast upon his love; for ye may, if your minds are firm, forever."  
     Controlling thoughts is difficult, but I find that productive morning scripture study can set the tone for each day and strengthen my connection with the Lord and what is most important in my life.  I feel the Spirit and am reassured that He is real.  I have better control over my mind and attitudes throughout the day.  I have less anxiety and worry.  I'm more patient.  I think more clearly as the buzz in my head lessens.  I'm happier.  
     The more fruitful my study, the more powerful is its effect each day.  The less I actively--mindfully--participate, the less help it is.  
     Inspired study of the word of God gives me light in a darkening world.  It can strengthen each of us to do good, look for good, and be a light to others in this darkening world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
In addition to being a violist, I am a wife and mother (three sons). I dabble in writing, handwork, sewing and photography.