Saturday, December 17, 2016

Scripture Musing Dec. 17

   

     One of my sons (Zorro above) was supposed to be home this morning.  Last night his flight was cancelled due to weather after he had spent several hours waiting for his then delayed flight.  This was his first experience like this, and I was concerned about him making other flight arrangements and finding ways to spend his time. I was also concerned about how we would manage traveling 1 1/2 hours south to get him in the middle of more snow.
     When I prayed or even just worried about this I felt that everything would be fine.  It didn't make sense to me, but I did a better than usual job of trusting and being calm.  My son seemed to be handling it well, too.  He texted that he had met someone he knew and was visiting with him for awhile.  He considered that a blessing.
     Early this morning we found out that his flight was cancelled.  We researched flights and texted him.  When we finally connected he was booked on a flight south to connect with another one north to Milwaukee.  Ha!!  No trip to Chicago for us (phew).  He was with a college student from our Milwaukee ward (congregation), a fine young man who is very "with-it".  They had connected and I think Bob (not his real name) had made the new arrangements.  We will pick him up early this evening 15" from our home as long as there isn't another delay due to more snow.  Now I think that is a miracle!  My family has been very blessed.
     The scripture below was part of my scheduled reading for today from the Book of Mormon.  I could not help but see how the Lord has done something similar for my son on a much smaller scale.  He has been delivered from a different sort of bondage and strengthened  in the process.  These things really do happen!

Mosiah 24:  13 And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.
 14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions. 15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord. 16 And it came to pass that so great was their faith and their patience that the voice of the Lord came unto them again, saying: Be of good comfort, for on the morrow I will deliver you out of bondage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
In addition to being a violist, I am a wife and mother (three sons). I dabble in writing, handwork, sewing and photography.